Here is a daily bulletin by PoliticSCOPE from newspapers, blogs and TV reports for News Ticker: Thursday, December 13, 2012. The soul purpose of PoliticSCOPE is to make available a news pane for its readers, saving their precious time.
- The PMO has Gujarat’s Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s claims on Sir Creek terming it a “mischievous” attempt on the eve of elections in Gujarat. In a letter to the Prime Minister Modi has claimed that talks were being held between India and Pakistan to hand over Sir Creek to the latter.
- First phase of voting for the Gujarat assembly elections is going to begin today. The polling will be held in as many as 87 constituencies where 846 candidates are in fray.
- BSP chief Mayawati lashed out at Rajya Sabha chairman Hamid Ansari on Wednesday, blaming him for the disorder in the House. She also criticised the chairman for not being present in the House after Question Hour. Later on, her remarks were expunged from the records.
- A retired judge will investigate the case of lobbying by Walmart, announced Parliamentary Minister Kamalnath in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
- Eminent Sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar passed away on Wednesday morning in San Diego, US. He was 92. He is survuved by his wife Sukanya and daughters Anushka and Nora Jones.
- Pakistani scientist Dr Mohammad Khalil Chishty was acquitted by the Supreme Court of murder charges on Wednesday. The court has directed authorities to return all documents, including passport to 82-year-old Chisti who is free to return to Pakistan without any restriction.
- Following frequent disruptions of Question Hour, Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari has said that it should be ‘dispensed with’ or shifted to some other part of the day.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said that criminal cases lodged against girls in Sambhal for holding a demonstration will be revoked.
- Rejected by a married woman he was trying to woo, a 30-year-old man attacked her and a friend with a can of insecticide and a lighter in Mumbai on Tuesday. The women have suffered serious burns, but stated to be out of danger.