Here is a daily bulletin by PoliticSCOPE from newspapers, blogs and TV reports for News Ticker: Friday, December 14, 2012. The soul purpose of PoliticSCOPE is to make available a news pane for its readers, saving their precious time.
- Around 67 per cent voting was recorded in the first phase of Gujarat Assembly polls held today, according to reports.
- The Court has said that Zee Group chief Subhash Chandra may undergo lie detector test following advice of his doctor and in the presence of his lawyer.
- Union cabinet on Thursday cleared Land Acquisition Bill.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that the CBI probe against the Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his sons Akhilesh in a disproportionate assets case would continue. However, the apex court dropped the case against Dimple Yadav, saying she was not a public servant when charges were made against her.
- Sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar will be given the lifetime achievement Grammy award, according to reports.
- Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said that nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is expected to be rolled out by February next year.
- The PMO has Gujarat’s Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s claims on Sir Creek terming it a “mischievous” attempt on the eve of elections in Gujarat. In a letter to the Prime Minister Modi has claimed that talks were being held between India and Pakistan to hand over Sir Creek to the latter.
- BSP chief Mayawati lashed out at Rajya Sabha chairman Hamid Ansari on Wednesday, blaming him for the disorder in the House. She also criticised the chairman for not being present in the House after Question Hour. Later on, her remarks were expunged from the records.